UPDATED COVID-19 RISK CATEGORIES AND TRAVEL APPLICATIONS ON 22/9/2020
According to the risk assessment of 22 September 2020, the categories of many countries have changed. These applications will enter into force on September 25, at 23.59.
2. South Korea
* From the countries in category A, those who come to the TRNC via Southern Cyprus and show the negative PCR test results made in the last 72 hours as a document to the Ministry of Health officer at the door, will be able to enter the country.
İf the people from countries in Category A , come to Northern Cyprus via Turkey ,the category B rules will be applied them.
* People who work, receive education and treatment in Southern Cyprus and those who travel south due to other reasons will be able to continue their journey to Southern Cyprus by having a PCR test only once. However, random PCR tests will be done to these people. Also, everyone living in Southern Cyprus will be able to enter TRNC , by showing a negative PCR result only once.
* All citizens residing in Pile will be able to continuously switch to Pile or from Pile to the North, provided that they show a PCR negative test result for once on their first pass.
Personnel of diplomatic mission, UN, EU, British Bases Area and similar international organizations in Cyprus will be asked to show a negative PCR result only once at the first pass. These people will also be tested for random PCR.
9. San Marino
12. China (Including Hong Kong )
16. United Kingdom (England,Galler,Scotland,North Ireland )
Persons coming to TRNC from countries in category B
a) They will be able to enter the country by submitting the negative PCR test result they have done between 0-120 hours before the travel start date, to the Ministry of Health officer at the door as a document, and if they do not, they will not be taken into the country. However, those coming from countries in group B will be quarantined in quarantine centers determined by the state for 7 days after entering the country. On the 7th day of the quarantine.the PCR test will be performed ant the quarantine will be terminated according to the result.
b) Formally commissioned persons for a 72 hours period , from TRNC to Turkey or from Turkey to TRNC will not be quarantined if they implement the measures necessary condition for the task and return to their countries in 72 hours .
c) Students who will come to the TRNC due to their higher education will be isolated for 7 days in the dormitories or hotels designated by the University.
d) The quarantine applications of those who go abroad for health reasons will be evaluated if they apply to the Ministry of Health
* People coming from Taiwan will be asked to receive a document in English from the local government, showing that they have been in Taiwan for the last 14 days.
1. United States of America
30. The Netherlands
33. United Arab Emirates
37. Saudi Arabia
42. Czech Repuplic
and other countries
For those coming from the countries in category C, it is obligatory to submit the PCR test result, which is made between 0-120 hours before the boarding date and whose result is negative, to the Ministry of Health officials when they enter the TRNC. These persons will be quarantined in a quarantine center determined by the Ministry of Health for 14 days and PCR test will be done at the end of quarantine
1- PCR test results will not be requested from children in the 0-5 age group who will enter the country.
2- The three to five days before the boarding date stated above will be evaluated based on the date of delivery of the PCR samples.
3- PCR test results obtained from B and C group countries 6 days before or older than the travel date will not be considered valid for entry into the country. People who submit tests in this way will not be admitted to the country.
4-In accordance with the decision taken following the meeting between the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Interior, people arriving from countries in Category B who will be working at night clubs will be in quarantine for 7 days upon their arrival, even if they stayed in Turkey for a period of two weeks prior to their arrival to the TRNC. Those travelling from a country in Category C will be in quarantine for 14 days. All must provide a negative PCR test result upon entrance (travellers from Category B and Category C), bearing in mind that the tests should be conducted within a period of 3 to 5 days prior to the boarding date.
5-Passengers coming from Turkey to the TRNC has obligation QR code on the PCR test results.